Healthy Mediterranean Potato Salad:
- 2 dozen small red potatoes (approx. 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 T finely chopped dill
- 1 bunch finely chopped scallions
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 2-3 tsp cumin
- juice & zest of 4-6 large fresh lemons (approx. 1/3 cup juice)
- 3 T kosher salt
- 2-3 T extra virgin olive oil
1.Boil potatoes in covered saucepan filled with water and 1 T kosher salt, and bring to a simmer.
2.Cook until potatoes are fork-tender but not too soft (about 10 minutes)
3.Remove potatoes from saucepan and put into a bowl of ice water, to shock potatoes and stop the cooking process.
4.Remove potatoes from ice water bath, and chop into big 2" cubes.
5.Place cubed potatoes into large bowl.
6. To create the dressing, mix remaining ingredients together and whisk to incorporate all.
7.Pour dressing over potatoes
8.Mix well and serve
Colorful Fiesta Veggie Salad:
- 1 can black beans,rinsed and drained
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cooked and shucked
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers,seeded & finely chopped
- 2 hass avocado, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper,finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper,finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro,finely chopped
- 2 cups mesculin greens
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T finely minced thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
1.Mix all salad ingredients together
2.Whisk dressing ingredients together until well-incorporated.
3.Pour dressing on salad and serve on a bed of mesculin greens.
Yummy Fish Tacos with Slaw Salad:
- 1 pound mahi mahi or tilapia (this is more common and much cheaper), cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 6" flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage.
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 carrots, grated.
- 2 T fresh cilantro, finely chopped.
- Juice and zest of 3 limes.
- 2 T red wine vinegar
Chipotle Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream (strained in mesh cloth)
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce
1. Whisk together oil, lime juice and zest, ancho chili powder, & jalapeño to create fish marinade.
2. Arrange fish in single layer in a pyrex.
3. Pour fish marinade over fish, and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the fish from the marinade, and place onto a hot grill.
5. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side, and then flip for 30 seconds and remove.
6. Let rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork.
7. Place the tortillas on the grill, and grill for 10-20 seconds on each side. 8. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish with slaw and chipotle sauce