- Protect! - Whether you're wearing leather or suede protecting your investment is highly recommended. For suede, I suggest using a water and stain repellent from Penguin. Spray your boots prior to wearing them and let them sit over night. A bottle usually cost $5 which is cheaper when compared to buying most protecting sprays made especially for shoe brands.
- Keep Them Fresh! - Poo-Pourri makes an awesome shoe odor eliminator called Shoe-Pourri ($12.95) that has been scientifically proven to de-stink smelly shoes. They're so confident in their product that they offer an unconditional money-back guarantee if you're not completely satisfied!
- Shape It Up! - Don't get rid of those 300 page September issues just yet. Use them to stuff and shape your boots. Simply roll the magazine and stuff inside to lose those folding ceases. Of course, you could also keep them in their boxes if you have enough room in your closet.
- Revive Your Favs! - Everyone has that one pair of boots you just can't get rid of. So what if you've worn the heel down to the core, find a local shoemaker and replace the heel. This way you get to hold on to the boots you know and love a little bit longer.
- Brush & Polish! - Give your suede boots a good brushing every once in a while to loosen the dirt from the surface. For leather boots, buy a polish to keep them looking shiny and new. If you'll be on the go this season, check out La Fresh Travel Lite Shoe Shine Wipes. These wipes are small enough to fit in your wallet, airline carry-on friendly, and require no dry time!
What are your favorite tips for taking care of your boots? Share them in a comment below or on our Facebook page!